Sunday, April 3, 2011

War Memorial of Korea

I recently visited the War Memorial of Korea. It was sort of a spur of the moment type thing. I was on the subway and approaching the Yongsan stop and suddenly decided I'd give it a looksy...and am I sure glad that I did.

The museum really helped put into perspective what it was like to live in post-war Korea. It baffles me to think that the war took place just 60 years ago and then to see where this country is today. There are few visible signs of the horrifying event in their history, yet many of the Koreans I interact with on a daily basis were alive to experience it.

Names of soldiers and police officers that died during the Korean and Vietnam Wars.

Inside the museum, a dark cave-like room depicts common scenes throughout and after the Korean War.

The memorial and museum are located on the old site of the Army Headquarters.

Many planes on display are available for inside exploration.

Some parts made me feel uncomfortable such as being near these killing machines.


There just so happened to be a wedding taking place at the nearby wedding hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment