Thursday, January 6, 2011

Baegun Lake (백운 호수)


Yesterday, one of my co-teachers and I visited Baegun Lake (백운 호수), which is in Anyang's neighbor city, Uiwang. It's man-made and was originally built for the irrigation of Mt. Baegun and Mt. Morak. Now, it primarily serves as a commercial hot-spot with restaurants (a good portion being western) surrounding its entirety.
The ice and snow atop were very pretty, but, to be honest, I wasn't too impressed with the lake. It's surrounded by a wire fence, which almost completely detracts from the experience. The area is very developed and you just don't get the calming effect that accompanies natural lakes, or even man-made lakes in natural areas.
What I did appreciate was dinner and this cute little bamboo bowl containing rice that came with it.


Still using my cellphone camera...sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment