Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Seoul Lantern Festival: seoul, a source of beaming hope

A couple days ago my friend Jake and I visited the Seoul Lantern Festival along the Cheonggye River. The 15,000 lanterns (most made of paper) from 25 countries were quite the sight to see. If you're interested, it will be held until the 14th and is just off the City Hall subway exit number 4.

As I walked down the river, each lantern became my new favorite. They truly were captivating. My favorite part of the festival, though, was definitely the mini laser light show.


Seoul Lantern Festival 2010, South Korea from Lana Wright on Vimeo.
(Excited kid in the background=precious)








On a school related note, I totally have a student whose doppelganger is Velma Dinkley from the cartoon "Scooby-Doo." Today I showed her a picture of the Velma and she loved it. She, of course, giggled uncontrollably and said, "Thank you! I LOVE YOU! BELMA?" So sweet.



Mom, I miss you.

1 comment:

  1. Love your photos of the Seoul Lantern Festival- hope I can see it one day.

    Also, Happy Pepero Day!

    ReplyDelete