Saturday, October 30, 2010

Jebibong Mountain, Chungcheongbuk-do

Hands down, today was my best day in South Korea thus far. I recently joined the "Climbing in Korea" meet up group and went on my first trip with them today. Everything about the day was perfect- the hiking, the environment, the people, the final ferry ride, dinner, and of course, karaoke on the bus ride home. The hike was intense, but at every resting point, I felt elated. Also, I should emphasize just how great the people were. Imagine a mixture of Korea natives and foreigners of all different ages and personalities sharing stories, food, and laughs (constant) on a mountain and a river surrounded by autumn oranges, reds, and yellows. Pretty nifty, right? As different as everyone was, we all shared a love for the nature surrounding us and a sense of comradery that I simply cannot adequately explain.


jebibong Mountain Hike, Chungcheongbuk-do, South Korea from Lana Wright on Vimeo.


Jebibong Mountain Hike, Chungcheongbuk-do, South Korea- From the top from Lana Wright on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment